About Macoby Canine Massage Therapy
Kim Rufus RVN
So here’s my life story. I am a Registered Veterinary Nurse with over 25 years of experience in practice, Clinical Canine Massage Therapist and member of the Canine Massage Guild which is a recognised professional association for clinical canine massage therapists across the country. I have to complete 25 hours CPD per annum to stay on the register.
I decided to train in clinical canine massage because I have always had dogs in my life to which I have had the closest bonds and I have always had a keen interest in alternative/complementary therapies having previously passed courses in homeopathy, Dowest Herbs and more recently a Animal Communication Certificate and pet physical therapy course. A this stage in my nursing career I decided to follow my heart and continue to study further with holistic therapies.View Massage
Currently I am studying:
- Animal Reiki
- Diploma in crystal healing for animals
- Pain Management Certificate.
My areas of interest are:
- Senior care – especially pain relief.
- I also volunteer my time helping Canine Arthritis Management (CAM) as one of their Veterinary and complementary therapy advisers.
- Bach flower remedies (hopefully will train as a practitioner in the near future)
- Canine Nutrition
- Canine First Aid